The Pedagogical Linguistics satellite aims to promote the development language analysis skills at all levels of education, and the integration of formal language analysis in language teaching. Some of the themes to explore include how meta-linguistic awareness of first language(s) can facilitate the learning of additional languages, and how to enhance language analysis skills through the Continuous Professional Development of teachers and practitioners.
The satellite brings together researchers and scholars from
- the School of Education: Loreto Aliaga-Salas, Mohammad Ahmadian
- Linguistics & Phonetics (LCS): Valentina Brunetto, Cecile De Cat, Gise Tome Lourido, Diane Nelson, Clare Wright
- the School of Psychology: Emily Oxley
- the Language Centre (LCS): Jody Bradford, Clare Maxwell, Helen Sadig
- various other units within the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies: Bettina Hermoso-Gomez, Ruba Khamam
You can join this group via Yammer
Events and news from this satellite
If you would like to attend this talk online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by the 11th of May at the latest....
Dogus Oksuz: “Collocational Processing in L1 and L2: The Effects of Word Frequency, Collocational Frequency, and Association”
Collocational Processing in L1 and L2: The Effects of Word Frequency, Collocational Frequency, and Association Dogus Oksuz (School of Education,...
This conference brings together practitioners and researchers to explore ways of enhancing the support of EAL children. The main themes...
Language@Leeds, the Centre for Excellence in Language Teaching and the Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence are organising a Pedagogical Linguistics workshop on...