The Pedagogical Linguistics satellite aims to promote the development language analysis skills at all levels of education, and the integration of formal language analysis in language teaching. Some of the themes to explore include how meta-linguistic awareness of first language(s) can facilitate the learning of additional languages, and how to enhance language analysis skills through the Continuous Professional Development of teachers and practitioners.
The satellite brings together researchers and scholars from
- the School of Education: Loreto Aliaga-Salas, Mohammad Ahmadian
- Linguistics & Phonetics (LCS): Valentina Brunetto, Cecile De Cat, Gise Tome Lourido, Diane Nelson, Clare Wright
- the School of Psychology: Emily Oxley
- the Language Centre (LCS): Jody Bradford, Clare Maxwell, Helen Sadig
- various other units within the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies: Bettina Hermoso-Gomez, Ruba Khamam
You can join this group via Yammer
Events and news from this satellite
15:30 – 16:30: Round table discussion (Michael Sadler SR 3.40) 17:00 – 18:00: Research talk: “Learner corpora and SLA theory:...
This conference brings together practitioners and researchers to explore ways of enhancing the support of EAL children. The main themes...
Language@Leeds, the Centre for Excellence in Language Teaching and the Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence are organising a Pedagogical Linguistics workshop on...