Language Analysis in Schools
An illuminating series of articles on the why and how of pedagogical linguistics is freely accessible from the Journal of Languages, Society and Policy. Some of the topics addressed include:
- What does it mean to introduce language analysis in education?
- Why it is important to teach about grammar and how Englicious can support teachers who are new to grammar.
- Intrinsic interest and explicit instruction: Reforming MFL pedagogy in English schools
- How language analysis can strengthen the strong language skills on which quantitative skills build.
- Why linguistics could, and should, have a place in A-level foreign language studies.
- Making language learning make sense at the National Centre for Excellence for Language Pedagogy
- Integrating linguistic analysis into science pedagogy