An illuminating series of articles on the why and how of pedagogical linguistics is freely accessible from the Journal of Languages, Society and Policy. Some of the topics addressed include:
- What does it mean to introduce language analysis in education?
- Why it is important to teach about grammar and how Englicious can support teachers who are new to grammar.
- Intrinsic interest and explicit instruction: Reforming MFL pedagogy in English schools
- How language analysis can strengthen the strong language skills on which quantitative skills build.
- Why linguistics could, and should, have a place in A-level foreign language studies.
- Making language learning make sense at the National Centre for Excellence for Language Pedagogy
- Integrating linguistic analysis into science pedagogy