- Date: Wednesday 17 January 2018
- Time: 16:00 - 18:30
- Location: Clothworkers Centenary Concert Hall
- Categories: All
The Vice-Chancellor, Sir Alan Langlands, will formally open the proceedings at 16.00.
This showcase will promote the Research Satellite approach to interdisciplinary exchanges, and reflect the breadth of language-related research in a poster session at which scholars from across the University are invited to present their work.
This is a unique opportunity to promote language-related research, take stock of its interdisciplinary breadth, and identify opportunities. The Vice Chancellor is doing us the honour of opening the showcase.
4:00 Opening by Sir Alan Langlands
4:10 Language@Leeds and its vision (Cecile De Cat)
4:20 Presentations by existing satellite leaders:
- Language & Nature (Diane Nelson)
- Multimodality (Elisabetta Adami)
- Kartvelian and Caucasian Languages (Sophiko Daraselia)
- Arabic Language (Roberta Morano)
- Centre for Excellence in Language Teaching (Alex Ding)
- Language Development & Cognition (Cat Davies)
5:20 Wine reception and Poster Session (approximately 80 posters)