- Thursday 10 March 2022, 14:00-16:00
This Thursday’s Conversation is jointly organised by the Centre for Language Education Research (CLER) and the Centre for Global Development (CGD) at Leeds University.
- Dr Rosalie Edmonds, UCLA will bring a sociolinguistic perspective and consider questions of linguistic diversity, language ideologies and the politics of participation in relation to her research in the context of Cameroonian wildlife sanctuary.
- Dr Sandra Bhatasara, University of Zimbabwe will bring a development perspective and discuss the role of local ecological knowledge in responding to climate change in the context of Zimbabwe.
- Dr Harry Kuchah (CLER) who has researched multilingualism and language education in Cameroon
- Jekoniya Chitereka (CGD) whose current doctoral research focuses on the politics of science knowledge
- Prof Alice Deignan (CLER) who has researched ways in which language shapes UK school pupils' knowledge, understandings and commitment to climate justice
- Dr Dorcas Kalele (CGD) who is interested in the communication of climate science in linguistically diverse settings
Register to receive a zoom link: https://cler.leeds.ac.uk/events/cler-cgd-conversation-language-and-climate-change/
Live BSL interpreting available.