- Tuesday 25 April 2023, 10:00 – 12:00
- TBC (UoL campus)
This workshop is the second in a series of University of Leeds events on the theme of linguistic/cultural diversity in teaching and learning.
In this workshop we will:
- Review findings from two recent surveys among staff and students at Leeds University linked to this topic.
- Work to develop a definition of what constitutes linguistic/cultural diversity in our context(s).
- Discuss existing approaches to linguistic / cultural diversity in relation to syllabus, teaching-related activities, assessment etc. in different subject areas and Schools.
- Develop a set of principles which promote and sustain linguistic / cultural diversity in teaching and learning at Leeds.
We hope that the content and outcome of this session will inform future conversations and work on embracing the linguistic and/or cultural diversity of our students at Leeds. To sign up to attend this workshop, please complete this short form.
For enquiries, please email the organisers Milena Marinkova (email@example.com) and Niamh Mullen (N.Mullen@leeds.ac.uk)
We're grateful to Language@Leeds for providing funding for this event.