- External URL: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/power-and-data-simulation-tickets-51869866166
- LIDA 11.06: 9:00-16:00
- Categories: Training
This one-day workshop is on data simulation in R. The aim is to give you hands-on experience simulating data, which in turn will help you develop a deeper understanding of key concepts in statistical analysis and experimental design. Specifically, the workshop aims to help you:
- Understand the basic idea of how data simulation works
- Understand why it is a good idea to simulate data for your own studies before you collect real data
- Simulate random data to help understand what p-hacking is and why it is a problem
- Simulate data with real effects to illustrate problems with low power in small sample sizes
- Learn how to simulate data for different research designs (e.g., repeated-measures)
- Familiarise with packages in R that are useful for data simulation
The workshop was designed by Prof Dorothy Bishop and will be delivered by Dr Jackie Thompson (U of Oxford).
It is free but places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. See link above to register.